Monday, 14 November 2011

‘if Face Book did...’



It’s nearly Christmas already and I haven’t bought any presents yet... I will probably not buy any presents either; as Christmas is not about giving.... it’s about time with your family friends and about receiving gifts. I have attached a picture of this year’s Santa Clause, in the hope he will visit me and bring along a present, as well as, a tree; because to be fair, I can’t afford either of them.

You might think ‘oh that Dutch guy is rather cheap’, but that is for two good reasons. Firstly, I just started my placement at Greenwich Community College (one of the partner colleges of the University of Greenwich) and have very little time to work. I have been attending some open evenings at e.g. Bexleyheath Academy and Welling School, but besides that not much happened. The placement is wonderful btw. So far, I have just been a teaching assistant, helping out students if they have a question, and I think they think that I'm ‘alright’.

Now, I am getting more mature and serious about my future. I have totally changed my way of living. I have reorganised my room, eat healthy, do a bit of boxing and put my clothes in the wardrobe instead of on the floor. You might think ‘oh why do you do this? Is it because of a girl?’ ... Ehm, yes.

One of my friends is doing a placement in New York and she loves it. She lives in Harlem (near Brooklyn Bridge (see picture)) and once in a while we speak to each other on Skype. Unfortunately there is a subtle time difference of 5 hours, so when we started our conversation on Skype, it was only 8pm in the USA and midnight in London. However, before I knew it, it was 7 ‘o clock in the morning. I have never looked so bad before! I looked like a panda bear with too little sleep. Anyway, we had an amazing chat about our future and we decided that we want to go on a world trip. We don’t know a lot of details yet, but what we do know is that we need a lot of money, so I need to stop blogging now and do some work. Before I know it, it will be summer 2013 which will be the start of the trip. If Face Book would like this, they would say it is.... AWESOME!



No comments:

Post a Comment